Sunday, July 26, 2009

Marilyn & Me

If you’ve ever been on Facebook, you know that they have all kinds of silly, fun tests to take. Sometimes the answers are surprisingly accurate, and other times they are way off the mark. And I took one the other day. It was called something like “What movie star are you most like?” So I answered all the questions, and sat back and waited for the results. And this is what they said : Marilyn Monroe. I think this is hilarious. And if you know me, you are probably convulsed with side-splitting laughter right now. Good. I’m glad I gave your day a smile. Because to my mind, Marilyn and I couldn’t be further apart in all aspects. Of course the Facebook people know nothing about my life or the things which are important in it. And this got me to thinking. Do we ever really know anyone? Most of the time, I think not. Almost everyone has a secret to hide. And I wonder how many times we have brushed someone aside because we were in a hurry, or maybe they annoyed us, or we didn’t really like them. But if we were to know the pain and burden they carry around, it would bring us to tears. The need for love and acceptance is great. And to open yourself up to others can be risky. So let’s stop and think the next time we are tempted to judge someone by only what we know of them. What secret is on your heart today? Take it to your loving Father of the universe. He already knows, anyway. He’s just waiting for you to come to him. And best of all, there’s no risk involved.

1 comment:

senorris said...

You and Billy Graham should get together sometime. I think you have alot in common. This reflection is so true and I try very hard to think about this idea as I listen to people over the phone at work. Most of the time they just want to vent and the phone problem is secondary to the problem in their lives.

Our Lawn

 I always look forward to the Dandelions. They look like spots of sunshine in the yard after a dreary winter. We have quite a lot. I found t...