Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Understand?

When I started this blog, I said it would be about ways I see God in my everyday life. And truthfully, I was going to write about something else today. But nothing else came together, and I quickly realized It was because I was supposed to write about my frustrations this week. The ways in which we learn are not always uplifting or humorous. Understand? Apparently I do not. All week long, almost everyone I have come in contact with has resulted in misunderstandings. Which have caused frustrations, puzzlement, sadness, and annoyance. Every day this week so far. We have been having our own “communication breakdown” here. Just send my mail to The Tower Of Babel from now on, because it seems like that’s my new address. Remember when God said “Let us confuse their language so they will not understand each other.” Perhaps He’s still doing that today at times to teach us something. Perhaps the thing I need to learn this week is in Proverbs, where it says “Do not lean on your own understanding”. Maybe at times we tend to be too pleased with the things we know. And that can be the start of something dangerous…. I’m not sure yet what God means my lesson to be this week. Ecclesiastes says “You do not know the path of the wind, so you can’t understand the work of God”. Nor can I understand anyone else right now. But I’m sure God will let me in on this shortly. And perhaps I will need to ask His forgiveness for something. But I do know one thing. John1:5 says “The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” Understand?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i loved that ecc. verse, i wrote it down :) how do these verses just pop into your head like that? i don't know if i'll ever be able to memorize scripture like that. the tower of babel is a really good reference to your situation, and i understand it completely! reminded me of a relient k song titled "i am understood"

Unknown said...

Very insightful and interesting post.

Ginny, I have enjoyed reading your blog; thanks for sharing your wit and wisdom with the rest of us.

Our Journey said...

Ok --- you wrote this for me this week!!! Hee.. But how true it is! Thanks for the thoughts.

Virginia Bluebells

 The Virginia Bluebells are blooming now. They are so pretty and delicate. Here are some a few blocks away. Here are some Bluebell tattoos I...