Saturday, August 1, 2009

They Follow The Sun











They Follow The Sun
Phil & I went out to do some errands the other day. And I took my camera with me. I had noticed there were some sunflowers around town, and I wanted to take pictures of them. These are the pictures I took, plus one that Van Gogh painted. He did many sunflower paintings. There are more than 60 different kinds of sunflowers, and just one can have over 2,000 seeds. Sunflowers have a very big head on a slim stalk, and the way they thrive and stay upright is to look up at the sun and follow it. They have the ability to track the sun from one end of the sky to the other. We had just had a downpour, and the sun was coming out. But my flowers were drooping down because they couldn’t find the sun yet, so I had to get underneath them and tilt my camera up. But as the sun came out, they got straighter and straighter. And this made me think of something. We, also, remain upright by keeping our eyes ever upwards and looking to our Son. The Psalms say that the lord is our sun and our shield. We were made by and for our loving God, and we need to keep our eyes and hearts focused on him so we do not lose our way. Our goal should be to keep our eyes on our Son as faithfully these sunflowers do with their Sun.
His face was like the sun shining in all it’s brilliance. Rev.1:16 BB

1 comment:

Our Journey said...

Such a good post ... something I need to remember in stressful times!

The Rooster

 Living pretty much in the country, we have quite a few chickens around here. Every time we come in or go out, a nearby rooster crows. Yet w...