Saturday, September 26, 2009

Friday Surprise


Do you like surprises? On Friday, I got a surprise in the mail. It was a thick packet from my doctor. This is never good. I opened it to find a new prescription, many informational papers, and a letter telling me that my blood test had shown that I have hypothyroidism. Well, I didn’t know what to think. But I have come to the conclusion that this is not bad news, it’s good news. I have been having immobilizing attacks of fatigue, large red patches on my skin that look like brush burns, swollen eyelids, and my hair turned very coarse and curly. And this has been the cause of it all. So I am very glad that they finally found out what is wrong with me, and it’s nothing too serious. It should be fixed by taking medication every day, and I’m anxious to get my energy back. Elijah was someone who was really out of energy. He worked for God tirelessly and gave it all he had, till he finally reached a point where he was at the end of his rope. Depressed and worn out, he ran to the desert and prayed to die. He told God he’d had enough. And God whispered to him and sent angels to feed him. God knew exactly what he needed and told him what to do. The apostle Paul said “I do not run like a man running aimlessly. I do not fight like a man beating the air.” Proverbs 18:10 says “The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.” So when we know what we’re running for, and who we’re running to, it makes all the difference.

1 comment:

MadSnapper said...

I am so happy for you that they found your illness and it can be treated. My favorite verse goes along with running to Him.
Fear not, for I am with you, be not dismayed for I am your God, I will comfort you and Strengthen you, I will lift you up by my righteous right arm. Is 40:10

The Big Cow - Easter 2024

 The Big Cow is all dressed up and ready for Easter. And he has brought along some of his friends as well!