Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Wings Of A Dove











Once in a while, I like to take pictures of jet trails in the sky. Sometimes the patterns they make are interesting. These are pretty standard...but wait, what's that? It's SUPER DOVE! A super fast dove flying at the speed of sound!! Wow! But things aren't always what they seem, are they? I came across this picture, and it really amused me. There happened to be a plane and a dove in the air at the same time, and this photographer snapped a picture at exactly the right time. Doves are the universal symbol of peace. Here is one way doves are different from other birds. The young nestlings drink milk from their mother's crops. This milk is similar to mammals milk. Doves are in the Bible quite a bit. It was a dove that Noah sent out to find water after the flood. When David was afraid and trembling, he prayed to God, "Oh that I had the wings of a dove! I would flee far away." He had a way with words. There is just something special and unique about doves, and I think that God must have a soft spot in his heart for them. Because when Jesus was baptised, the Holy Spirit chose to come down in the bodily form of a dove. And the voice of God said "You are my son, whom I love. With you I am well pleased. And all the while, the dove looked on.

2 comments:

MadSnapper said...

super dove makes me laugh, looks like he/she is really fleeing fast. I missed yesterday and am catching up before I leave for church. see you later today

SquirrelQueen said...

Super Dove is amazing, the other doves are in awe. What a great capture with this photo.

The Big Cow - Easter 2024

 The Big Cow is all dressed up and ready for Easter. And he has brought along some of his friends as well!