Thursday, December 31, 2009

Hate Waking Up?








"Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you." Eph.5:14




Don't worry, she'll be fine as soon as she gets her first cup of coffee! Seriously, though, do you hate to wake up? This is our little friend Ella, just waking up. She hates going to sleep, waking up, and everything in between. It takes her a long time to get to sleep and a long time to wake up. Kind of like many of us. It's New Year's Eve as I'm writing this, and I must say there's an awful lot of hoopla going on what with Dick Clark, the lowering of the ball, and all the parties. New Year's Eve is all well and good, but for me, forget about a new year, I'm just happy to wake up to a new morning every day! Seriously, I think that each morning is like a tiny new year. Think of it; we start a whole new day with a blank slate and new chances to make things right that weren't, and also to help others. If you hate waking up, just think of the endless choices and possibilities of a new day. We can start over every day, and we can also be forgiven every day, because of the wonderful love and gift of our Lord. A new morning is just as much a gift as a new year. Even better, because we get so many more. So as I toddle off to bed, I wish you a Happy New Day!!


"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lam. 3:22

4 comments:

Rinkly Rimes said...

She looks just like I feel when I wake up! But I don't think I look quite as charming in the fully-waken state!

MadSnapper said...

I agree that each day is a new year and we never know if we will see another one. we should live each day as if it were our last. Ella is so pretty with her sleepy little face.

SquirrelQueen said...

Somehow I missed this post, guess it was a little busy. She is so cute waking up. I'm a night owl but still manage to wake up quickly, weird huh?

Great photos Ginny.

storyteller said...

I enjoyed this sweet series of photos ;-)
My sister has always had trouble waking up in the morning, but I awaken and arise EARLY (usually around 4am) ... fully awake and happy to greet the day. I love to write in my journal and/or do some inspirational reading while sipping morning coffee and usually watch the sun rise. I'm fortunate that my living room faces East so I can do this indoors when mornings are chilly.

I'm glad you enjoyed my Shadow Shots. I usually share on Sundays and link up with Tracy at Hey Harriet where other folks shared shadows from their part of the world. The tree you asked about is a Eucalyptus ... quite common where I live. I did share a mosaic of close up 'trunk' shots a while back because I find the bark fascinating ... let me see if I can find a link. Yup it's at HRG ... a 'combo' post from last May Eucalyptus Bark. I seem to recall a visitor telling me these were some other kind of tree and perhaps they are ... but the locals refer to them as Eucalyptus. Apparently they were imported from Australia and LOVE our climate!

Hope you're having a delightful Sunday.
Hugs and blessings,

A Good Neighbor

 Our next-door neighbor's house is very close to ours. Our house is on the left and theirs is on the right. Our back doors face each oth...