Friday, January 22, 2010

The Face Of An Angel











Come along with us and our little friend, Ella, on a trip to Mardi Gras. Just kidding! Ella is so sweet, and has the face of an angel, and a few days ago, we gave her a sheet of stickers when we got in the car. Upon looking back at her, this is what we saw. She had made a sticker mask over her pretty face! She asked us to stop twice and remove some because they were in her eye and covering too much of her nose. But she still wanted to wear as many possible. The last time I removed a few, she was dejected. "Oh, no!" she wailed, "Now I don't look silly anymore!" This gave me quite a chuckle, and I assured her that she still looked plenty silly. Do you remember who had to cover their face in the Old Testament? Moses, after he had talked face to face with God. In Exodus 33:20 God says "You cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live." But Moses did. In a way, anyway. I'm assuming that God modified His presence somewhat. But even so, just being in God's presence made Moses glow so brightly that the Israelites found it hard to look at him, and he had to wear a veil after he would speak with God. In the New Testament, here's someone else whose face may have glowed. Stephen, when he was on trial. Acts 6:15 tells us "All who were sitting in the Sanhedrin looked intently at Stephen, and they saw that his face was like the face of an angel." Now some folks believe this means that Stephen looked very peaceful and calm, others believe it was a true transfiguration, so his face would have actually glowed like the face of Moses. I chose to believe this supernatural explanation, because why else were they all staring so intently at him? My husband said this shows that people whose hearts are very hardened won't even believe a miracle when they see it. I guess the most important thing was for them to be right. We may not have the face of an angel, but I believe that we glow just as brightly to God when we do his works. And some work I need to do in the morning is getting all the stickers out of the car!

5 comments:

MadSnapper said...

amen to us glowing brightly when we do good works. the sticker face is priceless and she did look silly. just a tad bit of overkill on stickers, but what fun and made for a fun post.

Stephanie V said...

I've always wondered what the attraction was in stickers. Now I see - we like silly!

George said...

Ella certainly has the face of an angel and she did succeed in looking silly! Have fun getting the stickers from the car. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Moses and Stephen.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Ella is a cutie pie... She is so lucky to have you as such a good role model. Kids need adults to learn from.

Loved her comment about not being silly!!!!

You are the angel, Miss Ginny..... God Bless YOU.
Hugs,
Betsy

SquirrelQueen said...

Ella is as cute as a button, even with the stickers. I've never seen them used as a mask before. Kids have such great imaginations.
Judy

PS, the geese were already sitting in the sun when I walked over. I didn't have to wait very long for them to fall asleep to get those photos.

The Big Cow - Easter 2024

 The Big Cow is all dressed up and ready for Easter. And he has brought along some of his friends as well!