Friday, January 15, 2010

Where Can They Hide?














If to Heaven's heights I fly
You are still beside me,
Or in death's dark shadows lie,
You will stay close by me.
If I flee on morning wings
Far across the gray sea,
Even there your hand will lead,
Your right hand will guide me.


These are the two 3 year old girls in our lives. Our granddaughter, Anne Marie, and Ella, who we babysit. They are at the age where they just love to hide. They are far too young to realize that there's really no place in the house that we can't find them. But they still get quite a kick out of thinking they surprised us. The word "seek" translates in the Hebrew to "baquash", a word that means to search out, strive after, desire, request, require. It describes a passionate search for something of great value. Ever since Adam and Eve, people have been trying to hide from God. But as these little girls are of great value to us, so we are to God. He is our fortress, an ever present help to run to in times of trouble. Blankets are only for babies.

"Where can I go from your spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
If I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
If I settle on the far side of the sea,
Even there your hand will guide me,
Your right hand will hold me fast.
Psalm 139:7

4 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Aren't they sweet, Ginny???? Both little girls are just adorable!!! You are lucky to have them in your life. My 5 grands (ages 11-16) all live away from here. I have two in Texas, one in New Jersey, and two in Knoxville.. BUT--we don't even see the two in Knoxville as much as I'd like.

My best friend has 3 grands living near her --and she babysits them ALOT... I miss mine---but as you can see, they are all grown up now!!!! Mercy Me!!!

I read a bunch of your posts tonight (wedding, etc.). Cannot believe how much snow you had...
Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

I love the sweet photos of these little girls in this post (the previous one too). I love the way your mind makes connections and you share uplifting thoughts in your posts.
Hugs and blessings,

MadSnapper said...

Precious Photo's of two sweet little girls. they are both beautiful and your photos get better every day. keep snappin and bloggin, love this post. brought back memories of hide and seek in my child hood.

SquirrelQueen said...

Adorable photos, both girls have the sweetest smiles. Childhood imagination is a marvelous thing, in their minds hiding becomes a great adventure.

The mine in my photo today was a gold mine. There was a small town that grew up around the mine and it housed the miners and their families. Still a hard life but nothing as dismal as the coal mines.

Have a great weekend,
Judy

The Big Cat

 Not to be outdone by that upstart The Big Cow and his friends, the Big Cat bought a new Easter bonnet! It is purrrfectly lovely! And while ...