Saturday, May 29, 2010

I've Gone Wonky!












Phil and I have both gone Wonky! This is because we just got back from seeing the play "Willie Wonka And The Chocolate Factory". It was performed by local actors, with some quite special effects, including actors flying around the stage. At intermission, I took this picture of Phil and I in a mirror, thereby realizing that the outfit I had chosen to wear looked like summer pajamas. Why the picture of the yellow shoe? No good reason. The man sitting across from us was wearing startling yellow patent leather shoes! I have never seen patent leather sneakers, much less yellow, so had to show you. They were almost as eye-popping as the play. I recently read that Willie Wonka is a Christian allegory. Wonka himself is God, because he can make the whole world happy. And the chocolate factory is heaven. Charlie, the boy who feels remorse and confesses, gets to stay there forever. Hmmm... and here I had thought it was just a nice little story about morals and being a good person. Chocolate CAN be heaven, but I rather think it will be more like the description below. In the last couple days we went to the sweat bee garden, the Bouncy Castle place, and this play. And Memorial Day weekend isn't even half over. Life is good.


"The wall was made of jasper, and the city of pure gold, as pure as glass. The foundations of the city were decorated with every kind of precious stone...the great street of the city was of pure gold, like transparent glass... I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and The Lamb are it's temple...There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign forever and ever." Rev. 21,22

12 comments:

DawnTreader said...

I can imagine Willy Wonka being quite an experience on the stage. I enjoyed the Tim Burton movie starring Johnny Depp. But I have to say the chocolate factory as an allegory of heaven does not work for me at all, unless the purpose is mockery of false ideas. But actually I'm doubtful if Dahl intended the tale to be very moral at all.

From the Kitchen said...

It was bound to happen! Hope you recover from your "wonkiness" soon. I wish I had some chocolate right now. And, I think you look cool and comfortable in your outfit. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Best,
Bonnie

MadSnapper said...

your sista under the skin, knew you were wonky, because I am. love the yellow shoe and the photo is worhty of what the MadSnapper would do. the PJ comment made me laugh out loud. i have light blue denim shirt and matching pants. i wore it to visit daddy at the nursing home and he said, you came to see me in your pajamas? I can't make myself wear it now, it just hangs in the closet. exactly why I am behind the camera and not in front.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Ginny, Wow---you two have had a great weekend so far... I love Willy Wonka.. Glad you got to see the play. I knew the story...

Can't get over the 'YELLER' shoes... Wo---what did the rest of his outfit look like?????? ha ha

Loved the picture of you and Phil... If those are 'jammies'---well, go for it, Girlie... I love 'em.

Have a wonderful REST of the holiday weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

George said...

It sounds as if you enjoyed the play. I like the picture of you and Phil. I wouldn't have thought of summer pajamas if you hadn't said something. And although I appreciated the peek at the yellow shoes I think I'll pass on getting a pair like that.

Stephanie V said...

That would have been a fun play to see...and I love the yellow patent sneakers. Nice stealth shot.

Glenda said...

Sounds like the two of you are having a fun weekend! Love the yellow shoes! And no, your outfit doesn't look like pajamas at all!

I had never heard the Willy Wonka analogy; that's neat!

Your love of life and learning new things is so evident in your interesting posts!

Kilauea Poetry said...

Oh too much..this was great and informative..I had no idea Ginny, wow! I like this verse especially! This shoe (never saw one either) and even as you say, the pajamas were appropriate as well!

Kilauea Poetry said...

(Even if you say) grin...

SquirrelQueen said...

Willy Wonka is a fun story, I loved both of the movies. It would make a great stage play.

I think Dahl meant for the story to be more of a morality tale since it was a bit of a take on some of the deadly sins. Innocence, truth and goodness wins in the end.

Anonymous said...

birkin bag
golden goose
air jordans
off white clothing
moncler jackets
supreme new york
GGDB
kyrie 6 shoes
kyrie 5 shoes
goyard

Anonymous said...

paul george
off white hoodie
supreme official
supreme new york
bape outlet
Travis Scott Air Jordan
golden goose sneakers
hermes outlet
curry 6 shoes
kyrie irving shoes

The Big Cow - Easter 2024

 The Big Cow is all dressed up and ready for Easter. And he has brought along some of his friends as well!