Friday, May 28, 2010

Jumping In The Palace Of Joy













Today we took Miss Ella to the Bouncy Castle Place. They were late opening, so she got to actually see the bouncy castles being all pumped up, what excitement! When I was a child, we didn't have anything like this growing up. And as I listened to her delighted shrieks of joy and watched her jumping high in the air, I thought how my jumping days were long gone, but how lovely it was on this spring day to watch her jump. My heart was right there in that bouncy castle with her. As I watched, I could literally feel myself flying up into the air, even though my feet remained firmly planted on the ground. Later, as I slowly walked back to our car with the handicapped liscense, grounded again, I thought of how a time is coming when I will be be jumping for joy once again, shouting and full of excitement.


"He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy." - "Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven." Job 8:21 Luke 6:23

10 comments:

Kilauea Poetry said...

I love this..I'm feeling horrible right now with some kind of flu (not to mention in combo w/something else that's just dandy)-but this just got me choked up! Isn't that the truth!! Thank you for the chain high (lol) great post and series of this sweetheart!

Beverly said...

Oh, Ella loves that so much. Good CPT for her too.

MadSnapper said...

ginny, you outdid your self with these photos of Ella jumping. they are wonderful. I can feel and see and hear her joy as she jumps just by viewing the photos. these are truly priceless memories. KUDOS to you for grabbing The Shot

DawnTreader said...

Oh those are really happy pictures, and colourful! I've never seen so many varieties of bouncy castles before.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Miss Ella certainly is a lucky little gal --having you two to watch after her during the daytime. She's such a cute girl also---so animated!!!!!! What do her parents do for a living?

When my two youngest boys were little, a lady (named Mrs. Bango) kept them for a couple of years until they could go to Pre-K. (I always had to work when my children were little.) We loved Mrs. Bango--and she did so many great things for my sons during those years. We were most appreciative.

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

aspiritofsimplicity said...

She sure looks like she is having fun! My jumping days are over as well but it will be nice when one day (but not to soon) we are jumping to Jesus.

George said...

The excitement of youth is infectious. These pictures do a great job of capturing Ella's excitement. Perhaps next time you can join her.

Glenda said...

Love these thoughts and great action shots, Ginny! You are so right; one day we'll not be held back or down because of any limitation!

I can tell your Ella had a wonderful time!

Our Journey said...

Anne Marie has been talking about that place...you'll have to tell me all about it..she claims she'd love to go..I wonder if she would jump all by herslef?!?!

SquirrelQueen said...

Ella looks like she is having a wonderful time. That little smile of hers is contagious.

The Big Cat

 Not to be outdone by that upstart The Big Cow and his friends, the Big Cat bought a new Easter bonnet! It is purrrfectly lovely! And while ...