Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Cat's Meow








Guess who just had a birthday celebration? The Bella, Miss Ella! She turned four last Wednesday, and on Saturday we celebrated with her family. Only cool cats were invited. This was because it turned out to be kitty themed. Aren't these kitty cupcakes that her mom made adorable? Our gift to her was a kitty keyboard, which will play notes in meow sounds. Unfortunately, I did not get a picture of it. But here she is playing her pink kitty guitar. This was the birthday card we got her. It extended to become a guitar, and then played Happy Birthday in cat meows! The phrase "the cat's meow" was started in the roaring 20's. People who were really hip were "cats". So something that was the "cat's meow" or the "cats pajamas" was really hip and with it. Too cool for words. So to all you cool cats out there, don't let the cat get your tongue! Send me a comment, and please, no catty remarks. King David knew of something that was too cool for words, yet he managed to find them in this beautiful passage.


"The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever; he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us." Psalm103:8,12












20 comments:

Kilauea Poetry said...

This is so cute! Happy Birthday to the Bella, Miss Ella! Another beautiful cake- looks even more decadent!! What a nice job she did. Ella is precious. I'm sure she enjoyed being pampered-

Harry/Sally said...

Thank you for posting so faithfully.


I always love your images, and while I am better at lurking than interacting, internet-wise; I am so glad I found your site.

Be well;


Marnie

Beverly said...

I love your photos and especially the subject. I hope she's not tiring you out too much this week.

Reanaclaire said...

firstly, the cup meow cakes look yummy...2ndly, i can see a cute Ella.. thirdly, what a nice gift to give her.. kittykat is highly suitable for her...

DawnTreader said...

I don't think I knew that, about cool cats in the 20s.

The cat cake made me think "Cheshire cat!" - well, following my blog you know why that thought sprung up... :)

SquirrelQueen said...

Happy Birthday to Ella!

Those kitty cupcakes are so cute, Ella's mom did a great job. It looks like Ella had a purrfect birthday.

Your header photo of Ella is so sweet Ginny, she is a little doll.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Meow Ella,

You mum is fun.

The Japanese like Hello Kitty, do you have a Hello kitty toy?

MadSnapper said...

as always ella rocks. i love the header with the bow. that card is truly the "cats meow" way cool! Way hip!
so is your post. all things Ella make me smile, she is such an adorable and precious child.
since i am all things dogs, i will close with woof woof and this is this post is the "dogs woof"

From the Kitchen said...

Well, meow!! My mother used the term "the cat's meow" often. When we were decked out in new outfits, she say "you are the cat's meow". I never really thought about where that phrase came from. Now I know she was one "cool cat"!

Thanks for sharing the photos of cute Ella. Those cupcakes do looks delicious--I'd say they are "the cat's meow"!!

Best,
bonnie

aspiritofsimplicity said...

When I read this verse I am reminded of how we are called to be like Jesus. And I realize how that is the work of a lifetime.

George said...

It looks as if that was quite a party and that the kitty theme was a big success. That third picture of Ella with the mild mustache is priceless.

Annie Jeffries said...

Hi Ginny. Happy birthday to the Bella, Miss Ella. What a great name. Love the kitty cupcakes. I wondered if they were homemade. They are clearly filled with love.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Happy Birthday to Ella... Isn't she a cutie???? Love the Kitty Cupcakes... SO creative... And I'll bet the kitty theme was special... Love the little guitar... Bet the keyboard is great also!

What a great birthday party.... Ella and her parents are so lucky to have you all in their lives.

Hugs,
Betsy

RoeH said...

How adorable! Of course you just know I'd like anything 'cat'. Hope she has a wonderful year. They get too old too fast.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ginny, Just darling! Cute cupcakes, too!


Wildlifewatcher
Google wildlifewatcher.wordpress.com to see my nature blog. Wordpress OpenID still having problems with my commenting on many Blogger sites. I will eventually work it out. : )

Have a super day!

Anonymous said...

Well, as I see, my comment was accepted and my OpenID from Wordpress worked! Hooray!

Happy Birthday to Ella, by the way!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

In some cultures, they don't like their women photographed. needless to say posted on the internet without their permission. That is why I didn't post her photo. It would do her injustice if I water marked her face.

Once, I had a woman with a Burqa with her husband. They were happy for me to take their photo for my personal use, not anything. She took her face cover off. (I actually wanted her burqa photo.)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Miss Ella! Love those kitty cupcakes. I found you thru Betsy's blog this a.m.

Jane said...

Hope that she has many more happy birthdays. I enjoyed your blog and will be back to visit!

Jane

bistee said...

replica bags nyc fake gucci f8v56q0v91 7a replica bags wholesale click here now p3y44u2y35 buy replica bags online replica bags and watches replica bags in uk have a peek at this web-site f9x43k4y77 replica bags online pakistan

The Big Cow - Easter 2024

 The Big Cow is all dressed up and ready for Easter. And he has brought along some of his friends as well!